Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 24, 2003
Judge Dismisses Price's Remaining Lawsuit
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – A federal judge Thursday threw out the remaining parts of Mike Price's 20 million dollar lawsuit against the University of Alabama. The former football coach sued over his firing last spring. Price said he did not get a hearing and was denied an appeal when the University let him go. U-S District Judge Scott Coogler dismissed most of Price's lawsuit last month when he ruled the university could not be sued over the termination. Thursday, Coogler ruled University of Alabama President Robert Witt also could not be sued on any remaining claims. Price's attorney says he's disappointed, and Price can appeal the ruling. Witt issued a statement saying he was pleased to have reached closure in the lawsuit.