Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 20, 2009
Interview w. Bob Mants
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa AL – For Bob Mants and many others, President Obama's inauguration was a special moment. Mants was on the front lines of the voting rights march and has worked for civil rights since his days with the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. And while today was special, he says there's been a disconnect between the civil rights movement and some of the youth of today. He sat down with Alabama Public Radio's Brett Tannehill recently to talk about that ...