Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Fri July 12, 2013
Interstate 85 S. Near Montgomery to Have Closures
Motorists traveling on Interstate 85 South near Montgomery could experience delays during the next two weeks.
The state Transportation Department said weather permitting, lane closures and stoppages will happen between Sunday and Thursday for the next two weeks at mile marker 14.5. The closures and stoppages will occur between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. They are to allow crews to set steel ramp girders for the Montgomery Outer Loop project.
The department said traffic may be stopped for 15 to 20 minutes while girders are set and stabilized over the highway. During a stoppage, the I-85 southbound entrance ramp at Exit 16 in Waugh will be closed. Motorists needing to travel from State Route 126 to I-85 South can follow State Route 126 South to Exit 11 at Mitylene.