Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Fri July 12, 2013
Interstate 85 S. Near Montgomery to Have Closures
Motorists traveling on Interstate 85 South near Montgomery could experience delays during the next two weeks.
The state Transportation Department said weather permitting, lane closures and stoppages will happen between Sunday and Thursday for the next two weeks at mile marker 14.5. The closures and stoppages will occur between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. They are to allow crews to set steel ramp girders for the Montgomery Outer Loop project.
The department said traffic may be stopped for 15 to 20 minutes while girders are set and stabilized over the highway. During a stoppage, the I-85 southbound entrance ramp at Exit 16 in Waugh will be closed. Motorists needing to travel from State Route 126 to I-85 South can follow State Route 126 South to Exit 11 at Mitylene.