Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Wed November 7, 2012
Incumbents Win All 6 Contested House Races in Ala
All six of Alabama's U.S. House members facing re-election have defeated challengers by wide margins.
Republican Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery won a second two-year term Tuesday, and GOP Rep. Mike Rogers of Saks captured his sixth term. Republican Rep. Robert Aderholt of Haleyville won a ninth term, and Republican Rep. Mo Brooks of Huntsville claimed his second term.
GOP Rep. Spencer Bachus of Vestavia Hills won his 11th term in office. And the state's lone Democratic member, Rep. Terri Sewell of Birmingham, won a second term.
Republican Rep. Jo Bonner of Mobile was unopposed for a sixth term in office.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.