Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri January 21, 2005
Huntsville Unearths Time Capsule
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – Huntsville continued to celebrate its bicentennial year Thursday. City officials unearthed a time capsule that was sealed in an underground vault in 1955 on the Rocket City's 150th anniversary. The time capsule's contents included a city registry as well as other artifacts and documents. Archivists say they'll document those items and make sure they're properly preserved before putting them on display next month. Other bicentennial activities will continue in Huntsville throughout the summer and will include parades, concerts, fireworks and the burial of another time capsule.