Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Wed June 19, 2013
Huntsville Opening 2 Entertainment Districts
The city of Huntsville is trying to spice up life in its downtown area with a pair of new entertainment districts.
Promoters are planning a Thursday launch for the new areas, where restaurant and bar patrons will be able to purchase alcohol to-go and then stroll the streets at night.
The goal is to have area that includes street performers, outdoor movies, art demonstrations and more.
City officials say they'll review operations and make possible adjustments to the areas' boundaries and rules after 90 days.
The districts are allowed under a new state law on open containers of alcohol.
Politics & Government