Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Wed June 19, 2013
Huntsville Opening 2 Entertainment Districts
The city of Huntsville is trying to spice up life in its downtown area with a pair of new entertainment districts.
Promoters are planning a Thursday launch for the new areas, where restaurant and bar patrons will be able to purchase alcohol to-go and then stroll the streets at night.
The goal is to have area that includes street performers, outdoor movies, art demonstrations and more.
City officials say they'll review operations and make possible adjustments to the areas' boundaries and rules after 90 days.
The districts are allowed under a new state law on open containers of alcohol.
Politics & Government