Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Fri May 24, 2013
Huntsville Approves Entertainment Districts
Visitors will soon be able to walk around downtown Huntsville with an adult beverage in hand.
WAFF-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1aeMVoU ) the Huntsville city council on Thursday approved two separate entertainment districts. People will be allowed to walk around with an alcoholic beverage in the districts on Thursdays and Fridays starting June 20.
Mayor Tommy Battle says he hopes the council can find a way to add Saturdays. But for now the mayor says there aren't enough police officers to allow for that.
The new ordinance will be have a 90-day test period to see if any adjustments need to be made.