Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Alabama House Health Committee
Wed February 6, 2013
House Health Committee to Consider 2 Hot Issues
The Alabama House's Health Committee is scheduled to consider two controversial issues as the 2013 session cranks up..
The committee will on Wednesday consider a bill by Democratic Rep. Patricia Todd of Birmingham to legalize marijuana for medical purposes in Alabama. The bill is the first item on the House Health Committee agenda on the first committee meeting day during the 2013 regular session of the Alabama Legislature.
The Health Committee is scheduled to meet at the conclusion of the House session, probably about 9:30 a.m.
The panel will also consider a bill by Republican Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin of Pelham to strengthen the standards that abortion clinics must meet in Alabama. The bill would require the clinics to have a physician available during an abortion.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
2013 Legislative Session