Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 2, 2007
Hispanic Alabama - Indigenous Languages
By Amanda Dewald, special to Alabama Public Radio
Albertville, AL – Hispanic immigrants to Alabama use many different languages and dialects, and this creates a communication barrier between parents and educators. Reporter Amanda DeWald looks at the challenge of parental involvement - regardless of their language or literacy.