Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
NPR Music Essentials
Thu July 19, 2012
Heavy Rotation: 5 Songs Public Radio Can't Stop Playing
Originally published on Sun July 22, 2012 7:34 am
Last month, we started a new feature called "Heavy Rotation" where we asked public radio DJs from around the country to tell us about the best new music on their playlist. The response was overwhelming, so we've decided to make it a monthly sampler.
In this installment of Heavy Rotation, we've got hip-hop from Baltimore, indie rock from Portland, Ore., introspective folk from California, plus new material from radio veterans David Byrne, St. Vincent and Aimee Mann — and you can download each song below. If you happen to love one of the songs, be sure to check out the public radio station that selected it.