Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Red Light Cameras
Mon September 2, 2013
Grace Period Ends For Tuscaloosa Red-Light Runners
Authorities say that after a month long grace period, motorists caught by red-light cameras in Tuscaloosa will now be fined for each violation.
Fines of $110 began Sunday, as September began. Violators caught on camera in August received warning tickets.
Tuscaloosa police Sgt. Brent Blankley said the only camera installed and active is at 15th Street and Sixth Avenue East/Dr. Edward Hillard Drive.
Blankley said additional devices will be installed at other intersections that city officials deem dangerous. Those locations and dates of installation have not yet been finalized.