Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Governor's Home Burglarized
Wed October 3, 2012
Governor Bentley's Private Home Burglarized
Police say someone has broken into the private home of Gov. Robert Bentley in Tuscaloosa.
A police statement issued Wednesday says officers responded to an alarm that went off at Bentley's home shortly before midnight on Sunday.
A television was taken, but police say other items weren't reported missing.
Police say someone entered the house through a window by force. No arrests have been made, but police say they are investigating.
Bentley is a retired dermatologist who lived in Tuscaloosa before being elected governor. He and his wife now live in the governor's mansion in Montgomery.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.