Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
Mon November 20, 2006
Gov. Riley Issues Statement on Bus Crash
By Office of the Governor
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley has issued the following statement regarding the fatal school bus accident that occurred this morning in Huntsville:
"This is a heartbreaking tragedy, and I know I speak for all Alabamians when I say our thoughts and prayers are with the accident victims and their families. I've spoken with Mayor Spencer and offered Huntsville any and all assistance the state can provide. State troopers are on the scene, and teams from the Alabama Department of Transportation and the Alabama Emergency Management Agency have been dispatched to provide help."
Note: This is a written statement issued by Governor Bob Riley's office.