Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed July 18, 2012
Gotcha Story Idea Backfires On Conservative Blogger
Originally published on Wed July 18, 2012 8:57 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Connie Schultz was caught. She posted her correspondence with a conservative blogger on Facebook. The blogger wrote he was doing an expose on, quote, "Journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover." A photo showed Schultz hugging Senator Sherrod Brown. Schultz replied, I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing the senator, adding, he's my husband. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.