Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Around the Nation
Tue July 30, 2013
Giant KFC Bucket Not Your Typical Yard Decoration
Originally published on Tue July 30, 2013 6:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. In Waynesboro, Georgia, Aleena Headrick thought she was hallucinating when she saw a huge Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in her front yard. Turns out her landlord collects vintage signs and put it there. It quickly became a big draw for gawkers, which Headrick finds amusing.
As she told a local TV station, she can now direct friends to come down to a KFC bucket and turn right. She even imagines putting giant mashed potatoes next to it. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.