Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 31, 2004
Foundation Sues HealthSouth Over Hospital
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – A foundation has sued HealthSouth Corporation, saying the company avoided legal obligations at Metro West Hospital. The lawsuit by the Lloyd Noland Foundation says HealthSouth did not give hospital retirees discounts that they'd been promised for health care at Metro West. The foundation is the former owner of the hospital. The suit comes days before HealthSouth plans to close the 85-year-old hospital that it's managed since 1999. The suit also claims that HealthSouth blocked the foundation from setting up a long-term care facility within the hospital. The lawsuit was filed Friday in Jefferson County circuit court. HealthSouth officials said Monday the case has no merit.