Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 24, 2004
Former HealthSouth Execs Could Testify
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – At least 14 former HealthSouth executives could testify against former C-E-O Richard Scrushy. He's scheduled to go to trial in August on fraud charges. Prosecutors say a list of likely witnesses includes all but three of the 17 former HealthSouth workers who have reached plea deals in the federal investigation. The list became public Wednesday. All five of HealthSouth's chief financial officers may be called to testify. The list also includes Emery Harris, who is already serving a five-month term in federal prison for his role in the fraud scandal. Scrushy has pleaded innocent to the charges and remains free on 10 million dollars bond.