Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Wed March 24, 2004
Former HealthSouth Execs Could Testify
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – At least 14 former HealthSouth executives could testify against former C-E-O Richard Scrushy. He's scheduled to go to trial in August on fraud charges. Prosecutors say a list of likely witnesses includes all but three of the 17 former HealthSouth workers who have reached plea deals in the federal investigation. The list became public Wednesday. All five of HealthSouth's chief financial officers may be called to testify. The list also includes Emery Harris, who is already serving a five-month term in federal prison for his role in the fraud scandal. Scrushy has pleaded innocent to the charges and remains free on 10 million dollars bond.