Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Wed March 26, 2014
Former CIA Agent Valerie Plame to Speak in Alabama
Former CIA agent Valerie Plame is scheduled to speak to University of Alabama students and screen a documentary about her experiences. University officials say Plame will speak with students of Stephen Schwab, a UA adjunct assistant professor and former CIA analyst, when she visits the Tuscaloosa campus March 31. She's also expected to screen the film at 7:30 p.m. March 31 in Farrah Hall. That event is free and open to the public. Lewis "Scooter" Libby Jr., who was Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, was convicted and sentenced for lying and obstructing the investigation into the leaking of Plame's name to the media. President George W. Bush later commuted Libby's sentence, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term. Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and probation.