Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Fri November 23, 2012
Football fans gear up for the Iron Bowl
Editor's Note: APR news will be tweeting updates of the Iron Bowl from Bryant Denny Stadium.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — So much has changed since the last time Alabama welcomed Auburn into Bryant-Denny stadium. The second-ranked Crimson Tide were victims of the largest comeback in Iron Bowl history two years ago. Alabama is the team with flourishing Southeastern Conference and national title aspirations going into Saturday's game. The Tigers bear little resemblance to the team that Cam Newton rallied from 24 points down two years ago on their way to a national title. With everything left to play for, Alabama is a 31.5-point favorite in what shapes up to be one of the biggest mismatches the Iron Bowl rivalry has seen. The Tide's Damion Square says he expects Auburn "to come play some bigtime football." Embattled Auburn coach Gene Chizik says it will take a "near-flawless" performance to win.