Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri August 27, 2004
Farmers Group Endorses Candidates
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Alabama Farmers Federation has chosen its preferred candidates for this year's elections. The federation's political action committee announced its choices Friday. President Jerry Newby says the group is supporting President Bush, U-S Senator Richard Shelby, and all seven of Alabama's incumbent U-S House members. In the state supreme court races, the Farmers Federation is endorsing Republican Supreme Court candidates Patti Smith and Mike Bolin. However, the group made no endorsement in the Supreme Court race between Republican Tom Parker and Democrat Robert H. Smith. Parker was legal advisor to former Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore.