Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Fri April 5, 2013
Fan Refuses To Shave Until A D.C. Team Wins A Championship
Originally published on Fri April 5, 2013 6:30 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene, with a story of a harried sports fan - or, rather, a hairy sports fan. Thomas McAllister believes in his Washington, D.C. team so much that he's vowing not to shave until one of them - the Redskins, Wizards, Capitals or Nationals - wins a championship. The Washington Post says he hasn't shaved since last June, a day before he got married. Facebook followers have given his red fan beard a name: Lombeardi.
Thomas, you're going to wish you lived in Pittsburgh. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.