Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 27, 2004
Executive Branch Lobbyists Would Have to Register
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley wants Alabama's lobbying laws to cover Alabama's executive branch. Riley is preparing a legislative package that would increase scrutiny of the governor and his staff. Lobbyists have to register with the Ethics Commission to lobby the Legislature, but they do not have to register when lobbying the executive branch or the governor. Riley says he'll also ask the Legislature to require lobbyists to disclose all of their entertaining expenses. Riley says he'll either offer his package during the regular legislative session or save it for a special session.