Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 24, 2012
Ex-UAH Professor Sentenced To Life In Prison
A former University of Alabama in Huntsville professor accused of killing three co-workers and wounding three others has officially been found guilty. It only took jurors about twenty minutes to make Amy Bishop’s guilty plea official. In an abbreviated trial, jurors heard evidence of how Bishop opened fire during a faculty meeting at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, where she killed three co-workers and wounded three others after being denied tenure. Bishop had plead guilty to capital murder on september eleventh, but under Alabama law, the case still had to be taken before a jury. Bishop’s attorneys made a deal with the prosecution that, in exchange for her guilty plea, she would avoid the death penalty and receive life in prison without the possibilty of parole. Bishop also waived her right to appeal.
Bishop Pleads Guilty