Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu October 10, 2013
Everyone The U.S. Government Owes Money To, In One Graph
Originally published on Thu October 10, 2013 9:58 am
If Congress doesn't raise the debt ceiling soon, the U.S. government won't be able to pay its debts. Here's who the government owes money to — all the holders of U.S. Treasury debt, broken down by category and by how much government debt they hold.
For more, see our story: What A U.S. Default Would Mean For Pensions, China And Social Security
Update: There were two misspellings in the original version of the graphic. Thanks to the commenters who pointed this out.