Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue February 4, 2014
Even Dead, Really Nasty Pets Are Still ... Um ... Trouble
Originally published on Tue February 4, 2014 10:36 am
The Inmans had a parrot. Grump (that was his name) was horrible, angry, scheming and nasty. But he was their parrot so they couldn't shoot him. Instead he lived in their house, soiled their mail, stole their fried chicken and, every so often, bit. Then, finally, he died.
This is the story of Grump's funeral, as told by Matt Inman, then a boy, now author of one of my favorite blogs, The Oatmeal. Right down to the very, very end, Matt says, everything Grump did was disturbing. Even when his body was safely wrapped in a towel, and Matt's dad placed it deep down in the soft earth, even then, that parrot still ... disturbed.
(Please be advised, there is the tiniest bit of salty language in this comic, and if you don't like that sort of thing ... don't look.)