Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Wed September 17, 2003
Eufaula-based national guard unit heading home
By Associated Press
Montgomery, AL – Thirty-five members of a Eufaula-based Alabama Army National Guard unit are coming home after almost a year on active duty.
Guard spokesman, Sgt. Martin Dyson, said the 1103rd Corp Support Battalion has been based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina since their deployment in October of last year. He said the unit's soldiers also served in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait and other overseas locations in support of the war on terrorism.
Dyson said a homecoming ceremony is planned Tuesday, September 23rd at 10 a-m at the Farmers Market in Eufaula. The public is invited.