Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Arts & Life
Sat August 10, 2013
Efforts underway to reopen Alabama Music Hall of Fame
TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (AP) — Acting State Finance Director Bill Newton says he's making it a priority to find a way to reopen the Alabama Music Hall of Fame in Tuscumbia. Newton was recently appointed to the hall of fame's board, and he toured it for the first time Friday. He called it a valuable asset for the state. He told the TimesDaily that the state needs to do whatever it takes to get it reopened even though state money is tight. The hall of fame has been largely closed since December because of financial problems. It used to receive state funding, but it and some other tourist attractions were cut from the state General Fund budget in 2012 because of money shortages.