Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri April 4, 2014
March Unemployment Rate Unchanged At 6.7 Percent
By John Ydstie
Originally published on Fri April 4, 2014 11:10 am
The Labor Department said U.S. employers added 192,000 jobs in March, which is seen as a sign that the economy is rebounding. The unemployment rate remained steady at 6.7 percent.