Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 1, 2008
Do Presidential Education Plans Matter?
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa AL – We continue our look at the education plans from John McCain and Barack Obama. Obama wants a redistribution of education resources to create better equality between schools. McCain wants more local control with parents deciding where their children go to school. Though the philosophies are worlds apart, both parties want to raise teacher salaries and incentives ... and both admit they aren't really talking about the plans and their differences. Alabama Public Radio's Brett Tannehill talked about this with Dr. Jerry Grisky, chair of Auburn University's political science department. Grisky says there's a good reason education has taken a back seat on the national stage.