Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
- Granade Clarifies Ruling, Birmingham to Remove Confederate Monument
Wed October 1, 2008
Do Presidential Education Plans Matter?
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa AL – We continue our look at the education plans from John McCain and Barack Obama. Obama wants a redistribution of education resources to create better equality between schools. McCain wants more local control with parents deciding where their children go to school. Though the philosophies are worlds apart, both parties want to raise teacher salaries and incentives ... and both admit they aren't really talking about the plans and their differences. Alabama Public Radio's Brett Tannehill talked about this with Dr. Jerry Grisky, chair of Auburn University's political science department. Grisky says there's a good reason education has taken a back seat on the national stage.