Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Wed October 1, 2008
Do Presidential Education Plans Matter?
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa AL – We continue our look at the education plans from John McCain and Barack Obama. Obama wants a redistribution of education resources to create better equality between schools. McCain wants more local control with parents deciding where their children go to school. Though the philosophies are worlds apart, both parties want to raise teacher salaries and incentives ... and both admit they aren't really talking about the plans and their differences. Alabama Public Radio's Brett Tannehill talked about this with Dr. Jerry Grisky, chair of Auburn University's political science department. Grisky says there's a good reason education has taken a back seat on the national stage.