Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 16, 2012
Discussion Guidelines for Behind the Mic
Here’s a quick rundown of the discussion rules for the blog.
- If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. Of course, we don’t want to kill discussion – even of controversial issues. Some topics require blunt talk, and we are not always going to agree with each other. But let’s all agree to disagree – and do so without being disagreeable!
- Focus your remarks on positions, not personalities. No personal attacks, name calling, slander, comments about anyone’s mother, comparisons to dictators – anything that would cause anger. And under no circumstances should you post anything that could be taken as threatening, harassing, bullying, sexist or racist.
- Don’t use obscenities – even if you use the word often in conversation. We are not going to list the words we object to; you know what they are. If you use profanity, your comments will not appear or will be edited.
- Be yourself – Don’t post anything on the site posing as someone else. And everything you post should be your own work. You are welcome to link to relevant content and to quote from other people’s work with attribution.
- Please stay on topic – Think of it this way – if you went to a movie about Beethoven and thirty minutes in it somehow turned into a World War II flick you would be irritated. Rambling will result in your comments being edited. Keep your comments to 400 words or less.
- Please respect people’s privacy – We do want to learn about new and interesting people, but do not post phone numbers or e-mail addresses; and please do not use public forums for private communications.
- DO NOT spam the comment threads – this isn’t the place
We do appreciate the news tips members of the public send us. However, the place to send those is APR Contact Page. Furthermore, the contact page is also the page to make comments about APR’s policies, editorial content, technical issues, membership concerns or general questions. Of course, you are also welcome to call our office at 800.654-4262