Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Politics & Government
Tue October 22, 2013
Disaster drill for Montgomery Regional Airport
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - A disaster preparedness drill is scheduled to take place at the Montgomery Regional Airport. The mock disaster is expected to run from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday. The airport's Executive Director Phil Perry told the Montgomery Advertiser the exercise will involve responders performing a rescue drill involving passengers with simulated injuries in a regional jet on a closed runway. Perry says the mass casualty exercise is executed once every three years and Tuesday's drill will be the most realistic one the airport has conducted so far. Officials say drivers near the airport should expect multiple emergency vehicles to enter and leave the area during the drill.