Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Thu November 15, 2012
Update: United Airlines Says It's Back In Operation
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 10:08 am
Update at 11:05 a.m. ET: "Our system is up. We're resuming operations for affected flights," United Airlines says. There's no word yet on how long it will take to get everyone where they need to go.
Our original post:
If you're headed to the airport and planning to fly on United today, be aware:
"Passengers in several cities say a massive computer outage has stranded United Airlines passengers at airports across the country," The Associated Press writes. "This is at least the third major computer outage for the Chicago-based airline since June."
The company tweets that, "We're aware of a computer issue affecting some of our flights. We're working to resolve it. We'll update as we have more details."
KRON4 News says most of the airlines flights "are grounded right now."