Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Arts & Life
Thu November 15, 2012
Update: United Airlines Says It's Back In Operation
Originally published on Thu November 15, 2012 10:08 am
Update at 11:05 a.m. ET: "Our system is up. We're resuming operations for affected flights," United Airlines says. There's no word yet on how long it will take to get everyone where they need to go.
Our original post:
If you're headed to the airport and planning to fly on United today, be aware:
"Passengers in several cities say a massive computer outage has stranded United Airlines passengers at airports across the country," The Associated Press writes. "This is at least the third major computer outage for the Chicago-based airline since June."
The company tweets that, "We're aware of a computer issue affecting some of our flights. We're working to resolve it. We'll update as we have more details."
KRON4 News says most of the airlines flights "are grounded right now."