Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 24, 2005
Democratic Women Push for Drunk Driving Bill
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Members of the Alabama Federation of Democratic Women joined Bessemer Representative Priscilla Dunn Wednesday to push for passage of a bill. The legislation would allow judges to require some drivers who had been convicted of driving under the influence to only drive vehicles equipped with a device that could determine if the driver had been drinking. The device is similar to a "breathalizer," and Dunn says it would give drunk drivers an obstacle that would prevent them from drinking and driving.