Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 15, 2013
Democrat Scott Ninesling Seeks Ala. Lt. Governor
An Autauga County resident plans to run as a Democrat against Republican Kay Ivey.
Scott Ninesling (nihn-SLING') says he's making his first race for public office because he doesn't like how Ivey administered the state's prepaid college tuition program as state treasurer and how she's presided over the state Senate as lieutenant governor.
Ninesling is out of the country every other month because of his job as a fire chief at a liquefied natural gas plant in Africa, but he says he plans to run a well-planned campaign while he's home.
Ivey says she's presided over some of the most productive Senate sessions in state history, and she believes voters will re-elect her next year.
So far, they are the only candidates who have announced for lieutenant governor.