Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tuscaloosa County Sheriff
Sat March 16, 2013
Decision on New Tuscaloosa Sheriff Expected Soon
A spokeswoman for Gov. Robert Bentley says he expects to appoint a new sheriff for Tuscaloosa County soon.
Sheriff Ted Sexton announced March 8 that he's leaving Tuscaloosa County after 22 years on the job. The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/YyKbMp ) Sexton starts work Monday as homeland security division director for the Los Angeles County sheriff in California.
Jennifer Ardis, the governor's spokeswoman, says potential candidates have submitted their names for the governor to consider and community groups have made recommendations as well. She gave no timeline for Bentley to make a decision, other than to say he plans to name a replacement soon.
The Tuscaloosa County sheriff supervises a department of 217 employees with a $20 million budget.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.