Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 16, 2003
Davis Won't Support Bush Measure
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – Democrat Artur Davis is Alabama's only congressional delegate who says he will vote against President Bush's 87 billion dollar request for Iraq and Afghanistan. He says Bush probably will win the funding anyway. The president wants the extra money to boost American troop security in the Middle East. He also says it would help Iraq rebuild its infrastructure and improve its security and leadership. Senators Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions say the funding request is necessary. The House is expected to pass the measure today. The Senate is expected to approve it by next week.