Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Tue August 6, 2013
Crews to Install Wires to Temporarily Replace Oaks
Auburn University officials say crews will begin installing wires that will temporarily replace poisoned oak trees that were cut down and removed from campus.
The Opelika-Auburn News (http://bit.ly/15ICdXR ) reports that Auburn city crews will begin installing the wires at Toomer's Corner on Tuesday. School officials say the wires will be strung along three poles and will form a "V" over the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and College Street.
Officials say the wires will be in place until next year, when replacement trees are planted to take the places of those that were poisoned by a University of Alabama football.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/
Toomer's Corner Oak Trees
Auburn Toomer's Corner
Auburn Trees Poisoned
Arts & Life