Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Around the Nation
Wed June 12, 2013
Couple Celebrates Annivesary With Trip To Maine's Capitol
Originally published on Thu June 13, 2013 4:53 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Marcine and Nita Lou Webb marked 65 years of marriage with a trip to Augusta, Maine, completing a mission to visit all 50 state capitals. Asked how Maine's capitol building compared to the others, Marcine gave it a medium, but high marks for friendly atmosphere. When they went to the gallery to see a debate, the House speaker recognized them and the legislators gave them a standing O.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.