Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Politics & Government
Fri September 14, 2012
Council Meets to Discuss Recovery of Ala Coast
The Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council is gathering in Mobile to discuss the region's future after the BP oil spill.
Gov. Robert Bentley's office says he will be on hand for the meeting Friday afternoon.
A statement from Bentley's office says the council is officially beginning its work of long-term restoration from the spill.
The panel will decide how to spend fine money paid by BP.
The council's work was funded through the British petroleum giant after the Gulf spill in 2010. It members consist of the governor and officials from Baldwin and Mobile counties.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.