Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon August 19, 2013
Inexpensive CNC Machines Turn Students Into Manufacturers
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 5:52 am
Manufacturing is increasingly being done with robotic power tools that cost tens of thousands of dollars. They're known as CNC or computer-numerical-control machines. A California company is making low-cost CNC machines that will help in the classroom.