Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon August 26, 2013
Company Opens Moonshine Distillery in South Ala
A south Alabama company has opened what's being described as the state's first legal distillery.
High Ridge Spirits is making legal moonshine in the Stills Crossroads area of Bullock County. It is now bottling Stills Crossroads `Shine.
Brew master and distiller Jamie Ray tells WAKA-TV (http://bit.ly/15hZVLa ) the company is Alabama's first legal distillery.
Not only did Ray have to meet strict federal regulations involving the Food and Drug Administration, but he also had to pass the state Alcoholic Beverage Control's guidelines.
The ABC board says two other groups are looking to open distilleries in Alabama.