Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon August 26, 2013
Company Opens Moonshine Distillery in South Ala
A south Alabama company has opened what's being described as the state's first legal distillery.
High Ridge Spirits is making legal moonshine in the Stills Crossroads area of Bullock County. It is now bottling Stills Crossroads `Shine.
Brew master and distiller Jamie Ray tells WAKA-TV (http://bit.ly/15hZVLa ) the company is Alabama's first legal distillery.
Not only did Ray have to meet strict federal regulations involving the Food and Drug Administration, but he also had to pass the state Alcoholic Beverage Control's guidelines.
The ABC board says two other groups are looking to open distilleries in Alabama.