Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon August 26, 2013
Company Opens Moonshine Distillery in South Ala
A south Alabama company has opened what's being described as the state's first legal distillery.
High Ridge Spirits is making legal moonshine in the Stills Crossroads area of Bullock County. It is now bottling Stills Crossroads `Shine.
Brew master and distiller Jamie Ray tells WAKA-TV (http://bit.ly/15hZVLa ) the company is Alabama's first legal distillery.
Not only did Ray have to meet strict federal regulations involving the Food and Drug Administration, but he also had to pass the state Alcoholic Beverage Control's guidelines.
The ABC board says two other groups are looking to open distilleries in Alabama.