Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 5, 2004
Commission Candidate Says Investigator Threatened Him
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – A candidate for the Madison County Commission says a sheriff's investigator is threatening him if he doesn't quit the race. Dennis Green is running for the District Six commission seat. He filed a complaint against Mustafa Saunders last week, saying Saunders told him if he stayed in the race...his heart would stop beating. But Sheriff Blake Dorning says Saunders hasn't done anything wrong. The sheriff says the alleged phone call took place when Saunders was off duty. He also says Green would not take a lie-detector test. Green is a minister at Mount Lebanon Primitive Baptist Church in Gurley. He says he'll drop the matter if it's decided that Saunders is not to blame.