Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu January 23, 2014
Coldest Air Of The Week Expected Early Friday
Alabama's coldest temperatures of the week are expected early Friday morning, with lows dropping into the single-digits in northern parts of the state.
The National Weather Service will have a wind chill advisory in effect from 9 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday for northern Alabama counties that include the cities of Huntsville, Athens, Guntersville, Scottsboro, Fort Payne and Fayetteville. In those areas, forecasters say the wind chill value could be as low as 8 degrees below zero in higher elevations.
Wind chill advisories were also issued for parts of central and southern Alabama.
The weather service projects that air temperatures will be around 7 degrees in Huntsville and 8 degrees in Florence.
Lows early Friday morning are expected to be around 12 degrees in Birmingham; 14 in Tuscaloosa and 17 in Montgomery.