Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Wed May 15, 2013
Chilton County Looks to Build New Hospital
Chilton County commissioners and the Clanton hospital board met Tuesday to explore funding methods for a new hospital.
The commission has raised $1 million that they thought would work to reopen the hospital that closed seven months ago. When that was deemed unfeasible, they looked toward building a new facility.
Chilton County residents are frustrated about the length time they must do without a local medical center.
Commissioner Alan Caton estimated the cost of a new hospital will be about $16 million. As county and hospital leaders meet about the idea, people in the community say they are suffering. Many having to drive up to an hour for emergency care.
WBRC reported http://bit.ly/10K1D7o that it would cost $1 million to just bring the old hospital up to code.
Science & Health