Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Politics & Government
Wed May 15, 2013
Chilton County Looks to Build New Hospital
Chilton County commissioners and the Clanton hospital board met Tuesday to explore funding methods for a new hospital.
The commission has raised $1 million that they thought would work to reopen the hospital that closed seven months ago. When that was deemed unfeasible, they looked toward building a new facility.
Chilton County residents are frustrated about the length time they must do without a local medical center.
Commissioner Alan Caton estimated the cost of a new hospital will be about $16 million. As county and hospital leaders meet about the idea, people in the community say they are suffering. Many having to drive up to an hour for emergency care.
WBRC reported http://bit.ly/10K1D7o that it would cost $1 million to just bring the old hospital up to code.
Science & Health