Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 1, 2004
Candidates for Congressional District Five
By Pat Sanders, Alabama Public Radio
Florence, AL – Alabama Public Radio has been airing reports about the candidates campaigning for Congress. We now examine the candidates in the Fifth Congressional District. Two men are vying for the seat, which covers six counties and part of a seventh across the northern tier of Alabama. One candidate is a well-known incumbent, while the other is a political newcomer. Alabama Public Radio's Pat Sanders reports.