Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 5, 2012
California Candidate Drops Out Of Alabama Search
One of the three finalists to be Alabama's two-year college chancellor has withdrawn his name. Gregory Gray announced that he has decided to stay in California as chancellor of the Riverside Community College District. His decision came after district board members and others asked him to stay. A spokeswoman for Alabama's two-year college system says the State Board of Education will go ahead with plans to interview the other two finalists on Sept. 13 in Montgomery. They are Mark Heinrich, president of Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa, and Blake Flanders, vice president of workforce development for the Kansas Board of Regents. The school board is looking for a replacement for Freida Hill, who stepped down in March under pressure from some board members. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.