Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed January 8, 2014
Butter Consumption Jumps To 40-Year High
Originally published on Wed January 8, 2014 6:12 am
The average American eats 5.6 pounds of butter — a 25 percent increase over the past decade. Its jump in popularity is due to an overall trend towards natural foods, and a "smear" campaign against processed butter alternatives.