Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed January 8, 2014
Butter Consumption Jumps To 40-Year High
Originally published on Wed January 8, 2014 6:12 am
The average American eats 5.6 pounds of butter — a 25 percent increase over the past decade. Its jump in popularity is due to an overall trend towards natural foods, and a "smear" campaign against processed butter alternatives.