Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu April 11, 2013
Originally published on Thu April 11, 2013 9:59 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with an airbag recall.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: The recall affects some three million vehicles made by four Japanese car makers: Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mazda. All are citing a problem with passenger-side airbags that causes them to deploy abnormally and potentially cause a fire.
So far though, there are no recorded instances of that happening. Toyota alone is recalling nearly two million cars made from 2000 to 2004. About 170,000 of those are in the United States. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.