Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri January 17, 2014
NBA's Sacramento Kings To Accept Bitcoins
Originally published on Fri January 17, 2014 12:39 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news begins with a slam dunk for Bitcoins.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Pro basketball's Sacramento Kings will now accept Bitcoins, the electronic currency, as payment for just about everything, from court-side seats, to a DeMarcus Cousins jersey. The Kings are the first major professional sports team to accept the virtual currency.
As of yesterday, Bitcoins could be used to purchase merchandise sold in the team shop at the Sleep Train Arena. Fans will be able to make online purchases, including game tickets, with Bitcoins by March 1st. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.