Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu September 26, 2013
JPMorgan Likely To Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities Case
Originally published on Thu September 26, 2013 6:09 am
JP Morgan Chase is negotiating an $11 billion settlement, according to The Wall Street Journal. The firm would pay $7 billion in cash to regulators and $4 billion to consumers. JPMorgan is one of several large banks being investigated for its handling of mortgage-backed securities in the years leading up to the housing crisis.