Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Thu September 26, 2013
JPMorgan Likely To Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities Case
Originally published on Thu September 26, 2013 6:09 am
JP Morgan Chase is negotiating an $11 billion settlement, according to The Wall Street Journal. The firm would pay $7 billion in cash to regulators and $4 billion to consumers. JPMorgan is one of several large banks being investigated for its handling of mortgage-backed securities in the years leading up to the housing crisis.